After the ‘Blueberry Challenge’ we still have many fruits left. I wanted to use plums this time. The first idea that came to my mind for using them was Crumble but just normal Crumble is nothing special. I also wanted something biscuity & cakey, so this had to be ‘Crumble Biscuit Cake’! Plums and apples always make good Crumble so no need to worry about the flavour combination here.
Only the possible problem was moisture from the fruit might make the cake too soggy. That is why I created an Oat Biscuit layer at the base.
So, I did the following
- Make Oat Crumble and place it at the bottom of a tin. Press it down with the back of a spoon to make a flat base.
- Make cake dough mixture and add into the tin on the Oat Biscuit base.
- Add chopped Plums and Apples on top of the cake mixture and sprinkle some plain Crumble on top.
- Place the tin in a preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes till it becomes golden colour at the top. Or bake until the skew test comes out clean.
- Wait until it cools down before cutting into pieces.
This cake has basically been composed of three layers – Oat Biscuit base, Cake part in the middle and Apple & Plum Crumble on the top.
It was a delightfully crumbly cake.
I have been cooking & baking always with my instinct and not used to measuring all the ingredients whilst making something … It means I haven’t specified the recipe for this Biscuit Cake yet. I will continue searching the best recipe for getting the best result. If anybody fancies making this cake please send me a message, I will post the recipe soon.
Happy Healthy Eating!